Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thursday, 11 am

I had a very relaxing day yesterday. That was not how I originally planned to spend the day, but when I woke up I found the ground covered with snow (again!) and just didn't feel like trudging through it to do a couple errands that could wait until the better weather that will surely come this weekend, right? Monday they were selling ice cream at the graduation ceremony and it snows on Wednesday! So I stayed put and relaxed for most of the day (read, took a long nap).

I helped Haly write a letter of recommendation for a friend's job application and am glad that I can help her in even the smallest way because she has been such a big help to me. She attends every one of my classes: the beginning level to translate for anyone who doesn't understand what I'm trying to get across, and the second level because even she has a little trouble with prepositions and the like, and she is eager to improve her English.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you're in good company -- it snowed in Colorado or South Dakota or some such place yesterday. Winter doesn't want to quit!
    You are lucky to have Haly with you. What a great aid for everyone! Just want you to know I was on blog withdrawal yesterday, eager to read your next adventure and finding none...glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete