Friday, May 6, 2011

Teaching is tiring

I teach two classes a day, two hours each class and then I scour the Internet for ideas for lessons for the next day. I am exhausted when I finally get home, but these classes sure burn through my materials quickly. On top of that, one group speaks very basic English only and the other students understand fairly well but have the usual problems with pronunciation, leaving out articles and the verb "to be", which is missing in Mongolian, so I cannot simply recycle one lesson plan for the next group. Wish I could.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could think of something for you, but you're out of my league. Is there a word game you could play, like Hangman? Or Charades in English? Something to get them thinking and speaking in English?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they ever ask you other questions about what America is like, for example? I'd be curious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you play clips of "famous" (or infamous) Americans speaking in simple sentences to expose your students to pronunciation? I'm thinking entertainment networks and Lindsay Lohan types who speak s-l-o-w-l-y!

    ReplyDelete