Wednesday, January 27, 2010

White Moon

White Moon (which means Full Moon) is the Mongolian name for New Year's, which is coming up on February 14. It is a 3 day celebration when everyone goes to visit their relatives, eats a lot of those dumplings with the slice of sheep tail fat, gets presents and kisses their grandmothers. Every household makes more than 1,000 dumplings to serve to their visitors. I just found out a few days ago that the school will be closed for the entire week, so I've been looking into alternative things to do, so that I'm not stuck in my apt. with little to do. Anita is also contacting some of her friends, seeing if a few of them will take pity on me for a day or 2 during the week, although I'd rather find something that will take me out of UB for several days - preferably on horseback. (I'm not listening, Bill.)

2 comments:

  1. Just as well if you can get away. How can you gracefully decline eating dumplings if you're invited to someone's house???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aunt babette, i think a couple of days out of the city might be good for you. the dumplings will be there when you get back.

    ReplyDelete