Friday, January 29, 2010

Jasmin in UB

Starting on Monday, I will have a German guest for a week. She is a friend of Anita's, working for an organization called Save the Wild Horse (www.savethewildhorse.org) that is trying to preserve and protect the wild Takhi horse found only in Mongolia. Find a picture of one on Google. They really are wild horses, as opposed to feral (escaped) horses like you might find in the southwest. Around here they call them Mongolian zebras, because of their stripes.
Anyway, Jasmin will be in UB for a week and will be staying with me. I wish I knew more about the city so that I could show her some things of interest, but she'll probably be busy enough during the day and not in need of sightseeing. She has promised to try to arrange a trip out to see the horses with her group when they are ready for a field expedition. I'll certainly be up for that. These horses are different from the Mongolian horses that you typically think of in terms of a horse trekking adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Just looked up a photo. Certainly have a rounded muzzle. Reminds me of a donkey, for some reason, though they look different. How did this German lady get interested in the Mongolian horse? I certainly hope you can go on the trip with her -- that would be so interesting! Take lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete