Thursday, February 11, 2010

TV

Last night while I was waiting for the time of my Skype appointment to arrive, I was surfing the channels and found a Mexican soap opera dubbed into Mongolian. The title is "Al Diablo con Los Guapos", something like "To The Devil with the Handsome Ones". Right, Bill? I also found a Spanish version of "The Amazing Race", but in this version the teams are making their way across Russia to Beijing and apparently know their destination for each night. A big difference from the US version is the fact that every evening they stay with a local family, but I can't tell is the teams must find someone to host them, or if the show has arranged the accommodations. They are hitchhiking across Russia and don't appear to have the budget that the US teams receive.
Also fun to see: Mongolian gansta rappers on TV; 30 Rock dubbed into Mongolian.

No comments:

Post a Comment