Monday, February 1, 2010

Jasmin

Jasmin arrived yesterday afternoon and she is GREAT! She was brought to the school before my day ended, but she was very happy to be able to sit down at my desk and check her email & facebook and wait until I was through for the day. We walked down the street and stopped in at the landmark restaurant BBQ Chicken and had dinner. We arrived at the apt. and I gave her the 30-second tour, including the bathroom pipes, the heating pipes that you have to step over to enter the apartment and the lightbulbs dangling from the ceiling. We talked about her project with the Takhi, her grandmother from Portland, ME, now living in Germany (with her German grandfather), my great-grandfather's military service in Hannover, our dogs, music and anything else you can imagine. She's so friendly and easy to talk to. She's trying to arrange a daytrip out to see the Takhi this week, so we'll see if that happens. We also have plans to get together this afternoon for a little sightseeing and then I've promised to take her to the Minii to go shopping for dinner. I also showed off my puppies to her this morning.
Having a great time!

2 comments: