Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Self Indulgence

I saw a sign on a business nearby advertising foot reflexology and massages and figuring the price would be reasonable here, I decided to treat myself today after classes. After pointing to "foot massage" on the price list, I was led to a room in the back to change into an outfit provided for me. The masseuse brought in a wooden bucket filled with warm water and some herbs that I soaked my feet in. Then she proceeded to massage my back, arms, hands, legs, neck, scalp, toes and feet. I have never had such a massage. She did some very interesting things crossing my arms over my chest and pulling me up, twisting me to each side, or bending me forward & pressing on my vertebrae. At the end, when I was lying on my back in the recliner, she leaned forward, put all her weight on her hands and pressed on my pelvic bones. It felt soooo good. This went on for an HOUR and only cost me 15,000 togrog, or about $10. Unbelievable. And this was for a foot massage! I wonder what would have happened if I had requested a back or a body massage (which were both more expensive than the foot massage). I kept thinking of Peter and how he would absolutely love this. I am trying to remember some of the things that she did so that I can treat him to a back massage approximately like this one.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, I think we're creating a monster here. In addition to bringing her puppy and a horse home, and wanting to eat fatty sheep tails, NOW she'll be looking around for a massage like that. They say travel is educational. True, but it can also be bad for your return to normalcy!

    ReplyDelete