Sunday, February 14, 2010

A story about lunch our day at the park

When Jasmin & I went to Hustai, we had a very nice lunch at the visitor's center that Zachnaa ordered in advance for us. As we were eating, I was wondering about paying for it, figuring that Zachnaa's and Jasmin's lunches might be covered by the organization they work for, since it could be considered a working lunch for them. I figured I'd wait until the bill came and then offer to pay my third. Well, the bill came and Zachnaa read the total to us and Jasmin and I each reached for our wallets. I muttered under my breath to her, "Are we splitting this 2 ways or 3 ways?" As we searched through our piles of togrogs for the right denominations it became apparent we were splitting the bill 2 ways: Zachnaa sat back and waited for us to produce the money. We didn't mind; in fact, we were happy to treat him to lunch after all he had done for us, but it was amusing to witness how he arranged the situation so that we did. The other thing that was so funny to us was that we were still so unused to the money, trying to find the right bills while counting to 64,000 togrog. We were both laughing and I kept saying "I can't count that high!"

No comments:

Post a Comment