Monday, February 8, 2010

The bank and the post office

I had to stop at the bank on the way to the Black Market on Saturday and had a strange experience. I had a couple of bills that I had folded to fit into my money belt, so I took out 2 to change into togrog. The teller at the bank would not accept them because they had been folded! Smoothing them out was useless. They had been folded and that was that. So, I had to use my debit card.

Bill had sent me something by a package delivery service which arrived last week. I had to go to the main post office to pick it up (in spite of the fact that it was not sent by mail). Then, the clerk had me open the package in the office before I paid the customs tax on it- I suppose to prove that it contained what the contents slip said it did. Funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment