Thursday, March 18, 2010

Army Day Dinner

The female staff cooked a Korean dinner for the men, composed of a spicy Korean chicken soup, rice, and cooked bacon wrapped in lettuce leaves. I've mentioned that root vegetables are sold in the stores complete with the dirt in which they were raised, well, when the teachers were peeling the potatoes and carrots last night, they didn't wash them and of course the dirt was transferred back onto the vegetables as they peeled. The good news is that I'm alive and well this morning, so the extra minerals must not have done me any harm!

I found out this morning that the rest of the staff was here until 2 am last night and they still showed up at 9 am for work. I was chastised for not drinking enough: I had had a tiny glass of champagne and a very-watered-down vodka & tonic (couldn't have been more than 2t of vodka in my glass). They all had more of the above and several bottles of beer each, and I don't know what else after I left at 11pm, but they are all young and more used to the nightlife than I am.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you taste the dirt when you ate the food? And who knows what was in the dirt??? Ver-y odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that the school staff seem to genuinely enjoy getting together after work. Nice that you get to join them!

    ReplyDelete