Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wednesday, June 29, 11:15 am

I met with Marta yesterday afternoon after class and then we went to an Indian restaurant for dinner. I had paneer, a solid cottage cheese curd, that had been breaded and fried. Really good, although I am completely unfamiliar with Indian food. My only other encounter with the cuisine did not rate as highly. As I recall the food was heavily flavored with rose water and I didn't care for it at all. We've made plans to travel to a monastery this weekend on the train together. Should be fun. She just got back from a 16 day trip to central Mongolia and the Gobi and is eager to go exploring again. She's also moving into my dorm room for a couple of days, until we take off on Saturday. It will be nice to have company, although I hope I can keep the insomnia that has plagued me for the past 2 weeks under control. I've had trouble falling asleep, in spite of the 1-2 hour walks I take most days.
There isn't a lot to report. I get 4-5 students per class, just enough to keep it worthwhile to keep coming to school. These loyal students have invited me to a Korean restaurant on the day of the last class, so I think that I've made at least a small impact on their lives.

2 comments:

  1. I think you've made more than a small impact. That monastery trip sounds like it will be fun. Take photos! Now I know where I got my insomnia from...I can fall asleep, tho -- I just wake up around 2 or 3 PM, can NOT get back to sleep, and finally get up and start writing at 4 PM...which I'm doing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice of them! I'm sure they really appreciate all your group and individual help. What do you have planned for the final lesson?

    ReplyDelete