Thursday, June 16, 2011

Marta

Anita contacted me several weeks ago about a Swiss woman who was coming to UB in June and would be in and out of the capital for several weeks before returning home. Marta contacted me last week and we met on Saturday and immediately hit it off together. She is a big-hearted person with a tremendous laugh and we had such a wonderful time together. We started together with a coke at Cafe Amsterdam and then went to the State Department Store for her to do a little shopping in preparation for the tour she was to begin on Sunday. After that we were having such a good time talking that we decided to go to dinner. She introduced me to a restaurant across Peace Avenue from the department store called the Geneva Club where we both had wonderful salads with lettuce, chicken and raisins. The salad was so delicious and so welcome after weeks without much green in my diet. Marta is 66 and takes off every year for 4-6 weeks on an adventure such as this one. We made plans to get together after she is back from the Gobi. Can't wait! Everyone Anita has introduced me to has been an exceptional person with whom I would like to stay in contact for the rest of my life. She is from Canton Turgau in Switzerland and says she knows several Hiestands there.

1 comment: