Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sunday, June 19: Father's Day

Hot day again, today. Finished my gift shopping today with the purchase of 3 cheap watches for Bill's dad; cheap because they get stolen so often in the nursing home.

My dormitory is right on the border of where the buildings stop and the ger district begins. There's a gravel road on my side of the building that leads to the gers and to a construction site in the next valley where several apartment buildings are being built. The strange thing about this situation is that trucks and heavy machinery goes down this road at all times of the day and night, especially in the dark hours between 9 and midnight. I can't imagine what they are doing in the dark and there are no bright lights on at the site like you sometimes see at road construction sites at home.

I caught a taxi to take me to the Black Market this morning and the woman driver was very happy to practice her English with me. At one point she asked me if I liked Jesus. I assured her that I did and she said she did, too.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the trucks are unloading and distributing stolen goods....
    Maybe you should get Bill's dad a wall clock instead of watches!
    Your last paragraph is funny -- I can easily picture that. A great scene for a TV sit-com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracked me up! Praise Jesus indeed.

    ReplyDelete