Thursday, June 23, 2011

Friday, June 24: Happy Birthday, Bill!

Yesterday was actually fun. As a result of my asking about leaving early, the director of the department sent around word that anyone in the building was to attend class, so I actually had people show up! I did a lesson on the subjunctive and had a blast. Then, Haly asked for my help with a paper she has to turn in today, Friday, at noon. So, we were here until 7pm working on rewriting her research into real English, which you all know I LOVE to do. We were back here at school at 8am finishing up. It's now 11am and we are basically done. She's just finishing up tables and figures and then should be able to send it off. It concerns a project done in western Mongolia regarding veterinary inoculations and subsequent increases in animal weights, chest circumferences and a decrease in neonatal mortality. At least I could understand her thesis, conclusions and recommendations!

The other news is that this morning the water came out of my shower visibly ORANGE. I showered and washed my hair anyway since I didn't have enough bottled water in the room to revert to my former method of showering, but when I emerged I had orange streaks down my calves and thighs like a badly-applied layer of self-tanning lotion. My hair feels kind of stiff, too. At least I know I'm getting my RDA of iron today.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! What's next???? I hope you don't find out! ;-)

    ReplyDelete